PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS
- Private voice lessons will available on Saturdays @ OLP starting in March.
- Lessons will be taught by Dr. Maureen Carlson. Maureen is a master vocalist and experienced voice teacher. She currently sings with the St Louis Symphony Chorus and is a professional cantor @ St Anselm Church. She owns and teaches at Carlson Studio, LLC. Maureen earned a Doctorate in Vocal Performance at Michigan State University. Check out her website carlsonstudiollc.com.
- Lesson fee for adults is $15 for 30 minutes. Thanks to Maureen’s generosity and her commitment to quality music ministry, we are able to keep the cost well below the going rate for private voice lessons.
- Fee for Youth (ages 13-18) will be paid through PAC music scholarship fund. Scholarships are available thanks to the generosity of OLP parishioners and other donors.
- Minimum of four students required before this program can begin.
- Please contact Sr Brenda by 2/28/19 to sign up for voice lessons firstname.lastname@example.org 217-343-2250
Unique Spiritual Experience for Lent
Please join us for drum circle each Tuesday during Lent 7pm - 8pm in the parish hall. Starting 3/12/19.
Drum circles originated among ancient peoples, including Native Americans, as a way of bringing the community together through a common rhythmic beat.
An international array of native hand drums are used for drum circles. Frequently used are hand drums from Africa, South America, Ireland, and Scotland. For example, African djembe drums are common in drum circles. Djembe in various sizes are sold at Guitar Center on the Rock Rd in Bridgeton. If you have a hand drum, please bring it! If you do not have a drum please contact Sister Brenda.
No previous music knowledge or drum experience necessary! Group drumming is not about the quality of the playing; it is about the experience of the Holy Spirit moving in us and among us.
Everyone experiences drumming differently. Participants in our Thursday afternoon drum circle have found the experience to be centering, energizing, prayerful, calming, and unifying.
Please contact Sister Brenda to reserve a spot.
PAC After School
After school music lessons are provided for approximately 30 children/week. Sister Brenda teaches 15 piano students/week. Donald Wright teachers 15 guitar students/week. Some students study both piano and guitar. Students performed in two recitals. Ten children are on the piano lesson waiting list.
The tutoring program began in February 2018. By the end of July 2018 eleven elementary and middle school students were participating weekly. Four volunteers donate time to tutor weekly. Many tutoring families have experienced tragic accidents, suicide, and other untimely deaths in the past year.